MainStreetMadison.com Homepage
Barbara Chasteen / bchasteen@sibcycline.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Street Madison > Religion, Faith and Prayer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Asking others about Salvation - Event Date: 07 Apr 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Asking others about Salvation
    Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm
Do you have a hard time asking a person about their Salvation? I sometimes find it hard to ask a person if they are saved. As some people call it, Born Again. I have a hard time finding the words to explain what I am asking them. I heard a guy on the radio the other day explaining the Salvation experience in such an easy to understand way and it gave me an idea about how to ask people from her...e on out. He said something like this - January 22, 1982, I walked into the Nazarene church in Miamisburg, Ohio. My bride was waiting for me. I went in there as a single man and I left as a single man. That was because, it was the rehearsal. It was only practise, we were just going through the motions. January 23, 1982, I walked into the Nazarene church in Miamisburg, Ohio. My bride was waiting for me. I went in as a single man and I left as a married man. What was the difference? That time I wasn't just going through the motions, I made a committment. This is the same way it is with salvation. You can go through the motions, go to church, be as good as you can be but unless you have made a committment and given your life to Jesus Christ, accepted Him as your savior, it's just rehearsal. I think that is a great example and one I will use from here on out. PLEASE! Let me ask ALL of you! Are you truely Born Again or are you just going through the motions? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? Have you made that committment?
LHelton View Drop Down
Main Street Madison Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote LHelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 12:16am
Bloodyhounds that is a wonderful post and you have just witnessed to whoever reads it.  

Funny you mention Miamisburg Nazarene.  My cousin, Rev. Tim Cole was the pastor there for many years. Then the pastor who followed him, Rev. Tom Clark, was our guest pastor for three weeks recently, as we are in search of a new pastor at our church, Middletown Nazarene.     
Larry Helton - Historical Society of Madison Twp.
Bloodyhounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:03pm
LOL! Tom is my first Cousin! 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:21pm
Tom followed in my dad's footsteps.  My dad was a father figure to Tom.  My dad and his mom were brother and sister. 
LHelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LHelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 1:16am
I've been a Nazarene almost all my life.  Middletown Nazarene from about birth to teen, then Monroe Nazarene from teen to 25, back to Middletown Nazarene to get married until 32, then out to West Elkton UMC for 8 years, finally back to Middletown Nazarene for the past 6 years.  Plan to stay put.  My family has been part of that congregation since 1931.  

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 6:09am
You probably knew all of my family then.  My grandparents were Mary and Silas Davis.  My aunt and uncle were David and Phylis Davis and my other aunt Pauline. 
preacherman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote preacherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 12:31pm
I am Truely A Born Again Christian and i am proud to say that i am. I do agree with you that a lot of people do just go thru the motions. That is a scarey place to be.

I pastor the Unity Baptist Church on Trenton-Franklin Road.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:48pm
Praise the Lord brother!  Did you know my dad, Dan Davis?  He was the founder of the Carpenter's House Baptist church, now in Germantown.  He also was caretaker of Germantown cemetary. 
I may visit with you some time.  I've always wondered about you guys when I go by there.  I live on Mosiman and I go by your church a lot.
LHelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LHelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:16pm
I do not personally know the Davis people you mentioned, but if my g-uncle is right, they are related to my g-g-grandparents James & Priscilla Davis out of Pomeroyton, Menifee County, Ky.  

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloodyhounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 9:21pm
That's probably right.  They were from K.Y. 
LHelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LHelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 10:44pm
Pam,
I picked up a copy of Twin Valley Publications tonight in Germantown.  On the back page is a picture and announcement for Rev. Tom Clark (and wife Linda) as the new pastor at New Lebanon Nazarene.  
 Post Reply Post Reply